The new school year is just around the corner, and Patchwork Central is here to help families prepare!
Patchwork Central’s annual Back to School Sale is coming up on Saturday, July 31 from 8 am-11 am. At at the sale, parents and guardians can purchase bags of new school supplies, new socks and underwear, and other assorted supplies for their children.
Bags of supplies for grades K-3 cost $6 and bags of supplies for grades 4 & 5 cost $8. Additional supplies, socks, and underwear are available at greatly reduced rates. Supplies are limited, so come early for the best selection.
As a covid-19 precaution, masks will be required for everyone entering the building on the day of the sale. We will also limit the number of shoppers who are indoors at any given time so we can allow for physical distancing.
Answers to frequently asked questions:
- Children DO NOT need to be present for parents/guardians to purchase supplies.
- Cash or check payment only.
- No income verification required.
- Backpacks are not included.
- Families with children in grades 6-12 may purchase assorted supplies or bags for younger grades because many of the supplies inside will work for older grade levels.
Spread the word!
Patchwork Central’s Back to School Sale is made possible thanks to a hard-working team of volunteers, financial donations to the project, and donations of socks and underwear!
Right now we don’t need any more school supplies. We’ve been purchasing supplies for the past year in order to take advantage of the best prices we can find, but even then the cost of the items provided is significantly higher than the price we charge for each bag.
We DO need a few more volunteers! Volunteer opportunities are:
- Help bag up supplies: Tues, July 27; 8:30 am-3:00 pm-ish
- Help at the Sale: Sat, July 31; 7:30 am-11:30 am
To volunteer, call Patchwork at (812) 424-2735.